I am very excited to announce the release of Papermerge DMS 3.0.
Comparatively to all previous releases, version 3.0 underwent serious architectural changes. I won't bore reader with all technical details, I will just briefly mention two biggest technical changes:
- frontend rewritten in TS/React
- REST API now served with FastAPI
Also, the format of storing files on the disk differs from previous versions - alone this fact makes version 3.0 incompatible with all previous releases.
Here is the list of exciting features that version 3.0 brings:
- support for jpeg/png/tiff formats is back
- full text search is now backed up by Solr search engine
- multiple authentication backends are supported e.g. oauth2.0/OIDC (not documented yet)
- well documented REST API
- dual panel mode
- page management - delete, reorder, rotate, merge, move pages between documents
- OCR with text overlay (thanks to OCRMyPDF)